I am now sitting in my bed, which sits tucked on top of the window seat in the bay window. My quilt, the result of hours in front of my new machine and in Thimble Pleasures, finally all spread out on the mattress. Music emanates from the hall, and my lighting is so bad I can imagine what Elisabeth S. Hosford felt like when she lived in this room in 1894-5 (there are plaques on the windows)
I am in the middle room, which means that although I am a hallway, I also have a single that is bigger than my room at home. And I have a fireplace. It doesn't work, but it's there. The room is huge, old and beautiful, and my roommates are lovely.
Tonight we all ate cake and watched skits of many traditions, and then got mugs from the alumni association (the "Freshman Mugging"). Then to Starbucks for coffee with some Customs people, and now, je me couche...I have a French test in nine hours.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment